Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oh Jeremiah

Found this passage graffitied on a park bench:



It reads:

Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Of all the things I've seen written on park benches, this one had me stunned down to my shoes. Totally unexpected.

And after the very polite* conversation I had with Frontier Airlines about transferring my flight to Nashville due to the flooding, I needed this. Jeremiah was right...I don't know the plans ahead of me. All I can do is leave things up to Him, deal with what I have on my plate and have faith that things will work themselves out the way they were meant to.

Hope your day brings you something just as unexpected.

*By polite conversation of course I mean they slapped a smile on their face while charging me $100 cancellation fee. And I responded as politely as I could...by telling them how sub par their company was in customer service compared to their partner airlines and how I'd never fly with them again.

1 comment:

Elisa Dane said...

Wow! Awesome verses, and pretty cool that you came across them today.

Did I tell you earlier, you're my hero? Thanks for going to bat with the airlines over our flight. I owe you. Big time.