Monday, May 17, 2010

In Good News...

I'm starting off the morning in a great mood! The bandages come off my knee today! And finally...FINALLY...I'll be able to move and bend a little bit. The pain is nearly gone with the occasional shooting blast of heat still piercing the inside of my knee from time to time.

I'm sick and tired of watching television. I don't know how people do it. Being couchbound since Friday has driven me batty. I'd be reading like a madwoman but for some reason (and I think it has something to do with the narcotics given during surgery), my eyes blur after about a page. The headache ensues soon thereafter. It's a bummer because my To Be Read pile is enormous and not going anywhere.

On another bright note, I assumed my usual position in front of the T.V. this morning, ready for another boring day of old movies like Dumb and Dumber and The Craft.

The last thing I expected to be interested in was The Impact of Bruce Lee on the World...but that's exactly what I watched while Princess got ready for school. What caught my eye was an interview with Bruce Lee's wife. Here's a recent picture.


I don't mean to be rude, but I kind of expected him to be married to someone who looked like this...

Guess that's proof opposites attract. (And on a side note Michelle Yeoh is so bad ass.)

I mean, Bruce Lee revolutionized the way KungFu movies would be filmed and viewed FOREVER. He influenced the likes of Jackie Chan and Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. (Did you notice the familiar yellow striped jumpsuit when you watched it the first time? I did. *grin) Though the show kept my interest (especially the part about his wife taking him from Hong Kong and burying him in Seattle--weird), it was the end that had me rewinding my TiVo again and again.


Choice of spouse aside, no one can deny his skills...and the ping pong thing is just too funny!

Do something for me today--get out of the house and do something fun. Take advantage of every minute of today. I wish I could do a hundred things that I simply can't. Do one for me. *big grin again

1 comment:

Elisa Dane said...

Bruce Lee was the shizz. Ryan and I went to see The Dragon on our first date :) Believe it or not, girly girl that I am, I LOVE martial arts movies. The fight scenes are incredible!