Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Top Ten Movies of All Time

I kinda liked the Top Ten thing I did last week and I think you did too. I got a lot of people calling and emailing me about it. Here goes another round. (And again, don't get all uptight when Gone with the Wind or Casablanca doesn't make the final cut--I'm not one of those gals who likes to sit with a bowl of popcorn and box of tissues and cry over black and whites. Gimme a action packed shoot-out with a hunky guy who gets the girl and I'm in love!)

Oh, and to top if off with another High Fidelity quote for giggles:

Rob: John Dillinger was killed behind that theater in a hale of FBI gunfire. And do you know who tipped them off? His
f@!&ing girlfriend. All he wanted to do was go to the movies.


Top Ten Movies of All Time by Kristin (Followed by my favorite lines from those movies--boy these were hard to pick)...

10. Back to the Future (1989, Michael J. Fox)
Younger Dr. Emmett Brown: [running out of the room] 1.21 gigawatts? 1.21 gigawatts? Great Scott!
Marty McFly: [following] What-what the hell is a gigawatt?

9. Matrix (1999, Keanu Reeves)
Oracle: You're cuter than I thought. I can see why she likes you.
Neo: Who?
Oracle: Not too bright, though.

8. The Usual Suspects (1995, Kevin Spacey, Benicio Del Toro)
Verbal: The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

7. Moulin Rouge (2001, Nicole Kidman, Ewan McGregor)
The Duke: You expect me to believe that scantily clad, in the arms of another man, in the middle of the night, inside an elephant you were rehearsing?

6. V for Vendetta (2005, Natalie Portman, Hugo Weaving)
Evey Hammond: Who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.
Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.
V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

5. The Shawshank Redemption (1994, Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman)
Andy Dufresne: Get busy living, or get busy dying.

4.Titanic (1997, Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet)
Jack: Rose, you're no picnic, all right? You're a spoiled little brat, even, but under that, you're the most amazingly, astounding, wonderful girl, woman that I've ever known...

3. Braveheart (1995, Mel Gibson)
Murron: You're going to teach me to read, then?
William Wallace: Aye, if you'd like.
Murron: Aye!
William Wallace: In what language?
Murron: Ah, you're showing off now.
William Wallace: That's right. Are you impressed yet?
Murron: No. Why? Should I be?
William Wallace: Oui. Parce que chaque jour j'ai pensé à toi.
[Yes. Because every single day I thought about you]
Murron: [hesitates, impressed despite herself, then smiles] Do that standing on your head and I'll be impressed.
William Wallace: Well, my kilt will fly up, but I'll try.

Okay, okay, I had to pick another...

Malcolm Wallace: Your heart is free. Have the courage to follow it.

2. The Notebook (2004, Rachel McAdams, Ryan Gosling)
Young Allie: Now, say you're a bird.
Young Noah: If you're a bird, I'm a bird.


And the top movie of all time in my opinion is...



1. Pride and Prejudice (2005, Keira Knightly)
Elizabeth Bennet: And those are the words of a gentleman. From the first moment I met you, your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others made me realize that you were the last man in the world I could ever be prevailed upon to marry.
[they look at each other for a long time as though about to kiss]
Mr. Darcy: Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time.

So that's it! All my favorites rolled into a single blog post! There were TONS of good ones that didn't make the cut and I wished I could've picked more quotes from those movies...maybe sometime.

What's on your list?

1 comment:

Elisa Dane said...

Ahhh! You have several of my favorites on your list. And with quotes! I love it! Here are some of my favorites:

When Harry Met Sally

Titanic

Sense and Sensibility

Pride and Prejudice (fav scene hands down is at the end when he walks across the field and tells Elizabeth she's bewitched him body and soul.) SWOON!

Gladiator

The Patriot

Elf

Blades of Glory

Okay, I know I'm short, but that's all I got right now, lol!