Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Top Ten Books of all time

I watched High Fidelity yesterday. My brother would be proud--I bet it's one of his top 5 movies of all time. Heh. If you're not laughing you haven't watched the movie recently. Get to it. John Cusack rocks.

In the spirit of High Fidelity and Top *whatever* lists, I give you...Top Ten Books of all time. (In my opinion anyway. You twilighters out there, don't send me hate mail when Twilight doesn't make top 10. And *shocking spoiler* it won't.)

To kick off my first Top Ten list it's only suitable to post a quote from High Fidelity:

Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest. I mean, I've read books like "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" and "Love in the Time of Cholera", and I think I've understood them. They're about girls, right? Just kidding. But I have to say my all-time favorite book is Johnny Cash's autobiography "Cash" by Johnny Cash. --Rob Gordon


Top Ten Books by Kristin

10. No Greater Love--Danielle Steele
9. Message in a Bottle--Nicholas Sparks
8. Born in Ice (2nd book in the Born In Trilogy)--Nora Roberts
7. Cold Fire--Dean Koontz
6. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (5th book in the Harry Potter series)--J.K. Rowling
5. Valley of Silence (3rd book in the Circle Trilogy)--Nora Roberts
4. Lover Eternal (2nd in the BlackDagger Brotherhood Series)--J.R. Ward
3. Time Traveler's Wife--Audrey Niffenegger
2. A Knight in Shining Armor--Jude Devereaux

And the #1 of all time...*insert Chevy Chase freaky-tongue drumroll here*


1. Rebecca--Daphne DuMaurier


Bet that last one was a shocker, wasn't it? If you've been reading my blog long, you know it's my go-to novel. What's in your Top Ten? Better yet, what's your #1?

2 comments:

Tahereh said...

ooh i've never seen High Fidelity before -- but it looks like i need to watch it! :D

love your top ten -- definitely some books i need to add to my TBR.

haha i think your post just made me realize there's even MORE i haven't read and seen!

great blog!

Kristin Miller said...

Thank you so much! And yes, High Fidelity is a must see. It's always fun to bask in other people's relationship failures...and subsequent success. :) Glad you ran into my blog!