Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Turkey Tomato Soup

I just have to share this with you. It's the best thing to simmer on the stove on a rainy day like today. And it's a deliciously easy recipe.

You'll need:
1 lb. lean ground turkey
3/4 sliced or baby carrots
1 red onion
1 celery rib
1 garlic clove
1 envelope mild taco seasoning, divided
3 1/2 cups water (or 4 if you're sharing. heh.)
1 cn. Italian diced tomatoes
1/2 t. oregano (or a few shakes of Italian seasoning.)

What to do:
~Cook turkey, carrots, diced onion, diced celery, garlic, and 1 TBS taco seasoning over medium heat until turkey is browned and onions are clear.
~Stir in water, tomatoes, and remaining taco seasoning, Italian spices.
~Bring to boil.
~Reduce heat, cover, simmer 20 minutes

~Makes 6 servings (or 5 for me and 1 for the family in my house)

Seriously, this is one of the best soups I've ever made. And it's easy. Serve it with some french or garlic bread and you've got either a hearty meal or a great side.

I think I'll make some now. Yummy.

No comments: