Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fire in Fiction and good juju

Yup. I'm heading to the Fire in Fiction workshop Saturday. It's an all day thing with quite a drive to and from. Basically, my mind should be mush by the time I'm finished. That's my goal albeit an odd one.

But you see, I have another goal in going to this thing. I want 10 seconds to meet Donald Maass and shake his hand again. Just enough to say, "Hi. Remember me from RWA National? The book we plotted is in your email box as we speak. It's a pleasure meeting you again and I can't wait to hear what you think."

See? 10 seconds should cover it. I think I'd vomit if he actually said he remembered me from last summer.

(As a side note, I don't think agents remember writers at all. I think they remember stories...we just supply the fingers that type them. So I guess I'm praying he remembers my premise and not necessarily me in particular...although that would be cool too.)

Anyway, I could use all the good juju I can get. Please send good thoughts, prayers, etc, etc, etc, my way. I'm gonna need 'em on Saturday.

No comments: