Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Grace like rain

I'm having the best day EVER. A storm is pummeling California. Downpours, power outtages, thunder and lighting are expected to last the entire week.

And I feel like I'm in heaven.

There's nothing quite like the smell of cool rain on asphalt. Its freshness washes away dirt and grime, leaving everything sparkly clean. Birds tweet joyful winter songs and gather to splash in puddles. Clarity exists beneath those dark clouds if you open yourself to it...

If you're lucky enough to get caught in the middle of the storm (yes you heard me right), do something for me. Let the fat drops hit your shoulders. Breathe...slowly. Relax your body from the hairs on your head to the tips of your toes. Close your eyes. Lift your face to the heavens.

Do you feel that?

Photobucket

It's called Grace.

No comments: