Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Really good reason to be MIA this month. AND A TWO NOVELLA DEAL TO HARLEQUIN!

Yes, I've been MIA for, like, a month. (You may throw stones now.)

But I've got good reason. Swear.

We're doing a massive remodel on our kitchen and bathroom. Everything in our kitchen cabinets has vomited into our living room. Laundry is a pain since my laundry room is stuffed to the brim. I've been swallowed in edits of Vamped Up, Book 2 in the Vampires of Crimson Bay Series. They turned out great, better than I'd hoped. I've spent the last two days writing the back cover blurb for the book, and since there seemed to be a consensus among reviewers that the back cover blurb for InterVamption didn't do the book justice, I'm trying to redeem myself. (But that comment in and of itself is a compliment, don't you think? The blurb didn't do the book justice. Ah yes, the meat of the book was great, but the blurb fell short. I'll take it.) We've been battling some sort of Sheetrock dusting cold, which means the kids get the coughs and sneezes and pass it around like a hot potato. And I sold a two novella deal to Harlequin.

Wait. Hold the phone. OHMYGOSH, DIDN'T I TELL YOU?!?

I wrote a 25k word novella titled, Claimed by Desire, this summer. Super Agent Nalini pitched it and sold it to Harlequin Cravings. I'm so beyond thrilled that they wanted two novellas instead of the one. I absolutely love the world I created and want to spend more time there. I can't wait to dive back in. (Did I mention I've got nothing written on the second one? Not a single plot line or sketch of a character. And I've got a due date! Whoa! This "real writer" stuff is heavy. I better get my backside in gear.)

Anyway, Claimed by Desire will release Summer of 2012 with the second one releasing Fall or Winter of 2012. I wish I had something more concrete to give you. Oh wait. I do.

Claimed by Desire Blurb


As teenagers, dragon shifter Rafe Landon and empath Misty Burke shared a heart-stopping love and heated passion that neither expected…especially since on the mystical Isle of Feralon, dragons aren’t supposed to embrace members of other races. Fearing for Misty’s life should she be claimed as his rider, Rafe commits the ultimate sacrifice and sets his love free, banishing her from the enchanted isle.

The last thing he expects is for Misty to return to Feralon ten years later as a very mature, and deviously sexy woman on a mission: use her heightened sensory powers to locate the missing Draco stone, a sacred gem that strengthens the dragon race. But Rafe is hiding a secret of his own. Forsaking a rider will end his life…in two days time. Despite his eternal love for Misty, he refuses to imprison her on the isle, condemning her to an early grave.

For Misty, Rafe will gladly pay the ultimate sacrifice—he’ll die, so she can live.

It’s not long before Rafe and Misty are swept away by undercurrents of passion that never waned. Their quest to find the sacred stone may be more of a journey than either realized—one that not only leads to the lost gem, but to true, undying love.


Whatcha think?

No comments: