Sunday, July 31, 2011

Kindlegraph!

Talks of e-books and the e-revolution buzzed around RWA national this year. Everywhere you turned, people were talking about the "future of publishing" and what that meant.

No one had any solid answers.

BUT one very valid concern did grind my brain more than others: What will happen to book signings and author autographed copies of books once the world turns digital?

Kindlegraph has answered the question.

www.Kindlegraph.com allows authors to electronically sign kindle copies of their books! How cool is that?!?

I've already signed up both Dark Tide Rising and InterVamption. I've already had a few requests for both books--even before I signed up. Aww, shucks, you guys. Nothing like making a girl blush.

Now, I guess, the only question is how this process is going to work when readers want the same experience of waiting in line to meet their favorite authors and get that coveted autograph. Will it be the same? No. Probably not. I think Kindlegraph is simply the first phase of many...one part of the transition of the e-revolution...but what a great one it is!

It's also super easy to sign up. All you need is your kindle/amazon email. I'll be checking my Kindlegraph account regularly...hope to see your request there! :grin:

3 comments:

Evan Jacobs said...

Hi! I'm the creator of Kindlegraph.

Thanks for this post and for being an early adopter of Kindlegraph. It is indeed very early in the "future of publishing" but I think some trends are already visible. Specifically, authors and readers both want to have a closer connection no matter where in the world they happen to live.

Kindlegraph is the first step toward making those connections easier and more fun. We've got lots of other really exciting developments in the works so stay tuned!

Regards,
Evan Jacobs

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's cool! Someone else recently blogged about how to do it with a Wacom tablet.

Kristin Miller said...

Alex--Never heard of Wacom...I'll have to look into it. Thanks!

Evan--I think it's a BRILLIANT idea and will be a huge hit among writers, I know it.