Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Thursday Mulligan

ETA:Webster's definition of "mulligan"•A mulligan, in a game, happens when a player gets a second chance to perform a certain move or action.

Ever had one of those days where things just don't go right?

Where every step forward is followed by ten steps backward?

Where even the weather, dark and stormy and gray, seems to be issuing some kind of warning about the day ahead?

Yeah.

I'm having one of those mornings.

I feel like I didn't sleep a wink last night. I seem to be suffering from insomnia...at least I think that what's happening. I'm sooo tired. Sooo ready for bed at a decent hour. But I just can't seem to drag myself to bed. I stay up waaaay too late into the morning doing absolutely nothing. (Wouldn't it be fantastic if I could actually WRITE during those midnight hours???)

Usually 5-6 hours of sleep is enough.

But last night my gremlins woke me up on the hour, every hour.

Can I get some milk? I think the tooth fairy came! No...she didn't. How bout now? I have to use the bathroom. I'm cold. I'm hot. Is it morning yet?

By the time 7am rolled around and the perky sun shoved its rays into my bedroom, I was less than enthused. I grumbled my way to the coffee pot...to find I was out of everything--including the energy to run to the store to stock up for tomorrow. Great.

The weather changed. Huge gusts of wind are trying to knock my house down as I type this. The skies are as bland as my mood.

And every time I try to get something productive done, it's a struggle.

I think I'm going back to bed to take a mulligan on Thursday.

Ever had one of these days? How'd you turn things around?

2 comments:

Kait Ballenger said...

I had a day like that today and I tell you, it just sucks. Majorly sucks. If I had the cure, I would totally share it with you. I hope tomorrow is better.

-Kaitlyn
Nocturnal Readings

Kristin Miller said...

Sorry to hear you had one that bad, too.

Here's hoping today's a new day with new promise. :)