Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Amazing News!

InterVamption is a Daphne du Maurier Award of Excellence finalist!

I can't believe it. I'm blown away. Stunned. Speechless.

Since I first started writing, I've expressed to anyone and everyone how special that contest is to me. How much I love REBECCA, Daphne Du Maurier's greatest work. (REBECCA is far and away my favorite book. The only book I've read more than once--and I've read it five times.) Anyone who knows me well knows how many times I've said that I'd absolutely love to final in her contest.

And I did! Well, InterVamption did. I'm so proud of her...

The award ceremony will be held at RWA's national conference in LA. I feel like my dream has already come true merely being a finalist...I can't imagine it could get better from here.

(In case you were wondering how I handled the news, I screamed and cried and asked the caller if she was playing a sick joke on me. She wasn't. I'm so glad.)

No comments: