Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mexican Dip

My college roommate (Hi Michelle!) made this awesomely-scrumptious dip during our Superbowl parties. I now make it every time people come over. If I don't, I get complaints...except my friends and family don't just complain...they hunt me around the kitchen with hungry scowls and sharpened pitchforks.

So here's the recipe.

You'll need:

1 pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (don't go Light, you'll regret it on this one)
1 sm. can of diced jalapenos
1 sm. can of diced green chilis
1 sm. can of sliced olives
1 can of Hormel No Bean Chili
1 bag of Colby Jack cheese (Cheddar Jack)

Spread an even layer of cream cheese in a 9x13 Pyrex dish. In separate bowl, mix jalapenos, chilis, olives, and Hormel chili. Pour mixture over cream cheese. Spread entire bag of Colby Jack cheese over top. Microwave for 5 minutes on high or bake in oven until warm and cheese is melted.

That's it. No joke. Serve with tortilla chips. The ingredients are cheap, it's ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS, and it's way easy to make. You'll get compliments on this dip guaranteed--I do every time...

And it keeps the hungry, pitch-fork wielding family members at bay.

No comments: